I am currently…
- the web chair for the upcoming Conference on Robot Learning (CoRL 2020).
- I co-chaired the 2020 RSS Pioneers workshop;
- I co-organized the Power On And Go (POGO) RSS (2020) workshop;
- my RSS work titled A Smooth Representation of SO(3) for Deep Rotation Learning with Uncertainty was awarded the Best Student Paper award, thank you to my incredible co-authors; (Official Page, arXiv preprint, YouTube)
- I had the honour of being named a U of T Engineering Grad-to-Watch;
- I co-organized a second (virtual) edition of the ICRA Debates workshop, first held at ICRA 2019 in Montreal. We were delighted to have over 1100 unique viewers of our live stream!
A bit more about me
I love reading poetry, philosophy and literature (especially Weil, Chesterton, Schopenhauer, Blake, Thomas, McCarthy, and Tolstoy), playing sports (especially soccer, hockey, tennis, and basketball), hiking & portaging, and all things general aviation (I received my Canadian private pilot’s license in 2018).
Sun-BCNN (Bayesian Convolutional Neural Network) infers the full 3D sun direction from single RGB images (which can then be used to improve localization).
PROBE, and its follow-up, PROBE-GK (Generalized Kernels) is a heteroscedastic covariance model for image keypoints in visual odometry. Notably, PROBE-GK presents a novel Bayesian formulation for deriving a robust cost function for sparse keypoint reprojection errors.
August, 2020 - I moved to Cambridge! After months of uncertainty I have finally arrived in Massachusetts (which I will hopefully learn how to spell soon). Excited to embark on my postdoctoral journey.
March, 2020 - I passed the final oral examination of my doctoral degree! Thank you so much to all of my friends, collaborators and committee members.
May, 2019 - After months of planning, my colleagues Lee, Matt and supervisor Jonathan Kelly organized a debates workshop at ICRA 2019. We were elated to see a fantastic turn-out for all three debates (plus lightning talks) and a ton of great feedback!
August, 2017 - I’ve been working on my private pilot license (PPL) this summer at Burlington Executive Airport (CZBA). After two months of training, I finished my first solo flight (which means I was the only person in the aircraft). If you’re interested in seeing the whole flight, I recorded the whole thing on my GoPro .